Friday, September 11, 2015

Radio Listeners Enjoy Ongoing Inside Look at BW Music Theatre

“I feel at home and at my best when I’m on stage,” said Warren Franklin ’19, Music Theatre major in the Baldwin Wallace Conservatory of Music.

On top of rehearsals and schoolwork, Franklin will give WCLV Classical 104.9 listeners an inside look into the life of a first-year BW Conservatory student during a series of on-air interviews. In his first interview for the series, Franklin explained his admiration for BW's renowned Music Theatre program before he was even admitted.

“I knew ever since growing up, I wanted to go to BW,” said Franklin. “The shows were amazing, but it was when I saw Carrie the Musical at the Beck Center where I was just like, ‘this is my home, this is where I need to be.’”

A graduate of the Cleveland School of the Arts, Franklin is no stranger to the stage. This past June, he starred in Cain Park’s production of Godspell as Jesus.

With just a few weeks into his freshman year, Franklin has adjusted to a full course load to hone his craft. One class, Eurhythmics, comes natural to Franklin.

“I was a percussionist for 6 years in a competition drum corps,” Franklin said, “so eurhythmics comes very, very easy to me. I’m having a lot of fun in Eurhythmics; it’s helping me a lot.”

Listeners can tune into Franklin’s next episode on the WCLV Classical 104.9 live-stream channel on Ideastream.