Thursday, October 22, 2015

Sport Management Internship Leads to Cavs Job

Another Cavs season is upon us and the Cleveland community is buzzing with excitement! Alumna Emily Thomas '12 serves as the Community Relations Coordinator for the Cavs and is equally as excited for another fantastic season.

Thomas, a Wooster, Ohio native, double majored in sport management and public relations as an undergraduate student. With the help of her sport management classes and professors, she was able to network with professionals in the industry throughout her four years at BW. Thomas held internships with the Cleveland Gladiators, Cavs and Browns, as well as with the BW Events Management Department and ProCamps Worldwide.

"I would not be where I am today without the experiences I had at, because of, and through BW" she tells us, "I had great professors who cared about my career goals and were willing to do a lot to help me achieve those goals."

Good luck this season, Emily! Go Cavs!