Monday, October 28, 2013

BW Grad Teaching English Abroad

Katie (far right) with some BW visitors at the
Prague Castle. Left to right; Laura Lagania '14,
Fransiska Ong '12 and Lauren Franko '12
Katie Battaglia '12, an International Studies and Spanish double major, has been on the go since graduating from Baldwin Wallace University.

Katie left for Prague to earn a certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language. She managed to visit six countries before taking on a full time teaching schedule at two language schools.

Katie says, "My favorite part about teaching is the cultural exchange I get to have with my students. Not only am I teaching them English, but they are always telling me about Czech culture, places to visit, festivals to go to, and foods to try. So far, my life here has been wonderful."